Monday, October 20, 2008

Blog Police...

I am fairly certain I should be turned into the Blog Police for extreme lack of activity.


I can only hope I haven't lost all my readers...I did think I would be posting at least once a week and I am barely at every 2 weeks right now. I know its a pitiful excuse for a blog. I have lots of posts in my head and on my camera...they just don't seem to be making it to my computer!


I think I can only claim that I have been attacked and conquered by 2 little former Ukrainian orphans and 2 little American accomplices.


Other than my inability to get on the computer, life has been settling down around here. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and prayers!


We have been home now from Ukraine for 7 weeks - that's hard to believe! I am feeling much better - like I am finally starting to come up for air! The girls have settled down immensely which is so encouraging. I haven't been hit, bit, or spit at in several weeks! There's still quite a bit of the orphanage bark resonating in our house but even that has quieted down considerably. Both girls have a long ways to go in adjustment, attachment and behavior modification but now that I feel better I can handle it. I am confident with time they will improve.


Life, at times is incredibly difficult but also very amazing. I know the Lord will continue to go before us. We praise and thank Him for all that He is doing in our lives.

6 comments:

cassie said...

:).

still praying for you & lee and all the munchkins! :)

suepsales said...

Chaos does not seem to reign as much in your home. i love coming to visit. reading to the girls and watching how busy every "kid" is. Sorry i can't visit this week but next week, watch out :) love ya, friend :)

Mrs. Mark Arni said...

You have definitely not lost all your readers! I check in frequently and am always blessed when there is a new post. We are leaving in just 20 days to bring our new son home from Thailand nad I am encouraged by your story that life will get back to a new normal eventually.

Tonya said...

Still reading and praying! {{HUGS}}

Alice said...

So glad you're back! Will continue to pray for you. I love your blog however infrequent the posts.:)

MarthaO said...

Working with Reece's Rainbow and two adoption agencies, RainbowKids.com is putting together a very special article on adopting a child with DS internationally. You were recommended as a parent resource and I would love to have your input for our article. The article will be positive, informative and encouraging to pre-adoptive families. Would you be willing to spend a few moments sharing your experiences for this article? The main questions we have are:

1. What originally led you to adopt? Did you set out to adopt a child with DS, or was this a decision made during the adoption process?
2. Can you share a few details about your adoption process? (This is where you may mention the referral, agency, waiting process, travel, country, any special resources that could help families, etc.)
3. How old are your children now and how has their adjustment to your family been?
4. Are there any other comments or encouragements that you would like to offer to a prospective family?

Thank you and my very best wishes to you and your family!

Martha Osborne, Editor RainbowKids.com
Email: Martha@RainbowKids.com