Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mud...

So, the girls and I were out playing in the backyard the other day. I noticed by my potting bench a large washtub full of water. Realizing that I had probably provided an incubation nursery for half the mosquitos in our neighborhood, I quickly dumped it out. It was heavier than I thought and didn't really empty in the place I intended it too...instead it flooded a little brick and dirt path near the house. I didn't think much about it as I then abruptly ran into the house to get the phone. I was gone...maybe 2 minutes?


Apparently little girls love mud...


This is what I found when I returned....


Annie... (note mud on face and pants)

1st bike ride 016


Katie... (note mud on face and in ponytail)

1st bike ride 031


Partners in crime....

partners in crime


Trying to make a fast getaway?

fast getaway


Emie... (definitely trying to cover up evidence!)

1st bike ride 032

1st bike ride 034

1st bike ride 033


(note mud on pants and corners of mouth!)

emie dirty 2

emie dirty


The question is..."Where was David in all of this?" Taking a nap of course - poor little guy, missed all the fun!




17 comments:

cassie said...

hahahaha! oh i love the picture of katie & annie making their getaway - AND of emie hiding the evidence (SO her!) - i want to go play in the mud now - is it still there;)???

June Berger said...

Oh how cute they all are! I'm praying things are settling in for you now and that it isn't so overwhelming. Praying you are getting enough rest to care for all your blessings!

Tonya said...

Too funny! I love the pictures!

Laura Lu said...

love them!

Dagmar said...

Awesome pictures! They are SO cute!!!

amyl4 said...

Look how cute they are, even speckled with mud!!:)
Amy

Rachel said...

They are adorable!

Cheri said...

I loved making mud pies as a girl! :) Not sure if you received my email I sent the other day...I wanted you to know I found your blog on Reece's Rainbow last week...and was so drawn to your story that I read EVERY post you have written to learn about your story...which is amazing, and inspiring, I must have spent a couple hours! Your family is beautiful!! I cried, I took note of verses you mentioned that spoke right to my heart, and fell in love with your family.

It looks like all 3 girls are adjusting well! :)

Cheri

Arizona mom to eight said...

Hope everything is going as well as it looks, the girls looks so happy and healthy. Mud pies and getting dirty is all good fun! They look relatively clean..LOL

suepsales said...

i'm sure they knew if they got dirty & muddy they could take a bath!!! One of their favorite things. What cuties :)

orphans4me said...

Good to hear from you again, Karen. Isn't it funny how a mess never looks quite as messy in the picture as in real life.
Joy,RR

My name is Sarah said...

Oh this is so cute. They look like they are having a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! Brings back memories of when we would go to your farm house as kids and make mud pies!

I just told a friend about that recently. I said that they were the best mud pies at your house, as you had field corn to mix in too!

Your girls are precious!! What a God thing this is!!

Praying for you!!

Joni

Karen said...

That is a wonderful fun memory, Joni!

:) And playing on the rock pile and in the grove behind our house, do you remember that too? I loved those places!

cassie said...

i love those girls:)

ps - you're "it" in case you get free moments to blog;)!

http://cassanddrew.blogspot.com/2008/10/tagyoure-it.html

Unknown said...

I just LOVE seeing pictures of your girls! They are just as cute as can be!

When you get a moment (haha)could you send me an e-mail? I have some questions for you about Masha with arthrogryposis.

valerie@avitria.com

JennyH said...

You have such a beautiful family. You are one super busy woman! Love all your pictures of your sweet little ones.