So, why does the stomach flu always hit at night?...right after everyone is neatly tucked into their beds, you suddenly hear those all too familiar coughs, gags, cries, etc......
So far this winter, I think we have hit every major winter illness... some multiple times. But, as yet, had escaped the dreaded stomach flu monster. But alas, it was not to be. And this time, believe it or not, it was actually me who succumbed first! Hard to believe considering I never go anywhere...except last Wed. night I went to Wal-Mart and voila...24 hours later I am sicker than a dog. And this is not the light variety mind you....it pretty much takes everything you've got for 12 hours straight, then you walk around in a stupor for 3 days, wondering who you are.
Then, last night, it hit Annie. I didn't even bother trying to sleep much - spent part of the night watching "The Count of Monte Christo", on TV, in between the bouts of throwing up, etc....
Apparently tonight, it is David's turn....I am watching the clock...his little tummy upchurn is at about 20 - 25 minute intervals. I'm getting pretty good...I listen and when I hear his tummy rumble, I quickly pull out his binky and slip a towel and bowl in place. I wonder what old movie I could watch tonight?
So, as the count stands now....3 are down and 6 to go! Thank you for praying for our family this week! It's hard not to be overwhelmed at the prospect of days of the yucky stuff.
And of course, I'll spare you any pics on this post, unless you want to see really scary looking people with hair matted down, still in their jammies, for days on end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh no! My daughter just asked me the same question the other day, why do we always get sick at night? Hmmm. Hope everyone is better soon. It's fun when so many kids pass it to each other. I had one vomiting in the middle of the night too. That's why I'm up so early reading blogs! :)
Karen, I am so very sorry that you are doing "the long haul" in the flu department! The laundry alone is daunting let alone sad, miserable kids!!
I pray today will be the upswing and that EVERYONE will NOT get it!
I'm so sorry! I'm praying it doesn't go through the whole family. Stomach bugs are one of my most dreaded enemies!!!
Oh goodness - praying for you!
We went that bout a couple of weeks ago - the laundry was awful cause like you said, it happens at night! Had to drag out the old college sheets to make it through the night!
TRY to get some rest!!!!!
oh, this is not fun!!! I'll pray that it doesn't go thru the rest of your family. Let me know if you need some 7 up or ginger ale. i can leave some on your doorstep :) love you, friend.
ohh, i missed you all yesterday and my tummy hurt just thinking about your poor little annie-banannie being sick:( - love you guys!
Oh my, praying the rest don't get it! It went through here a few weeks ago with Mike and Brianna having it and I still haven't figured out whether I had it or whether that was just the beginning of morning sickness (mine never went away!). Praying!!
I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. I will pray that not everyone will get it!!
Karen, I am sorry for the sickness in your home. Bless your heart!
Joy
Oh my, our family had this last week and all six of us got it. Our carpet cleaner was going non stop, we are not the best at getting to the bathroom in time. Take care!
o no!
it's bad:(
Post a Comment