Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gotta do 2 photos - the old and the new

Quick update - Karen is out of town for the weekend - the twins go to camp this upcoming week and Sam is off for a week of great adventure with nana and poppa. I am here with David, Katie and Emie and we have had an exciting day exploring our local Super Target and playing in the yard. The kids also watched Little Bear - while Big Bear took a nap - 8). Funny story about Super Target - we ended up having a 3 course meal @ Target. First, we started with popcorn. Then a round of hotdogs and after the first round was done - the kids wanted another!


The photo above is our last afternoon in Mayberry - before we move to the big city of Mt Pilot.

Most of the last 3 weeks has been a blur, but we have moved and have photos to prove it.

A few highlights -
  • beautiful days for moving!
  • we had more stuff than we thought - 1 1/2 trucks
  • we had more weight than we thought - the 'rule' was 25,000 lbs - we were over by almost 10,000 - extra pounds - maybe that is what 7 kids does to you.
  • we had an awesome moving crew - not a single thing broken (that we have found)
  • kids did well
  • we have boxes all over - most frequently asked question - where is the ______ ?
  • we are enjoying our new house - we have a lot more space and a few features that a 1930 Cape Cod was missing.
  • I have an investment tip - I think the companies that make out the best in moves are those that make bathmats - I think we have had 200 bathmats in and out of our house for size, color, shape, smell - who knows what all.
  • We've had some great help with the kids the past 2 weeks - which has enabled the kitchen and a few other essential areas to be set up.

If you are ever in Mt. Pilot - look us up - ok?

Lee, Karen, Daniel, Andrew, Samuel, Katie, Annie, Emie, David and Scooter the cat

10 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

SO glad that you had a successful move! Missed seeing your adorable kiddos though!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are fitting into place and Karen got a little break. Beautiful house! Miss you all! Ray & Marge P.

Cheri said...

What an amazing house!!!! :) I hope the rest of your unpacking goes well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos and moving update. We sure had fun this weekend with Karen and the rest of your kids!!!
Love,
Aunt Klarice

cassie said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay for pictures - it makes my day to see those lovely faces:)!! can't wait for more mt. pilot stories (and pictures!)...big hugs!

suepsales said...

cool....house!!! miss you guys and look forward to seeing you sometime soon. make sure to keep those doors locked!!!! :)

karen proano said...

Karen, looks like a great house! Send me your address!! Thanks!

Joni said...

I haven't peeked in on your blog for a while - just noticed you moved ... welcome to Minnesota! But now I'll have to look on a map to see where Mt Pilot is - I've never heard of it! Must not be near my neck of the woods (we're north of the cities about 45 minutes ... isn't that Minnesota talk?!!)

Erin said...

Hi Karen,

Your posts are so entertaining! My name is Erin, and I am a college student with mild cerebral palsy. I’m a special education major and have hopes of becoming a disability services director of a university after graduate school. I have just launched a blog that is still getting started, but with the title “Empowering People and Changing Lives,” I hope that it will provide a wealth of resources for people who care for children, specifically those who are affected by disability. I will also be chronicling some personal experiences and will be sharing some thoughts about those along the way. Your blog has also been included in my blogroll, so I hope that together, we are able to collaborate to provide resources to those who are in similar situations. The blog’s address is http://empowerpeoplechangelives.blogspot.com. From there, you will be able to read the posts I have written, find out all about me, check out my blogroll, eventually look at many resources I have gathered, and contact me.

Look forward to reading many more of your posts! Happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

mayberry is better than mt. pilot. for example...now you don't have a yellow house. the yellow house club is cool. there was a fire in the apt. behind church on Sunday. we all left our lunches and went and watched. it was the highlight of the day. the "mall" owners are up in arms because the landlord won't make neccessary repairs to the building. mold is beginning to be a problem. so far the weather has cooperated for the summer reading program. the zoo is still working on a new habitat for apes or something. ace hardware still needs a new parking lot and they still haven't started up their popcorn machine. the walfarts is missing your large weekly deposits. i try to cover for your absence, but i'm just not quite as good. i got enough rugs. that's all from mayberry...