Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Girl!

 

Our little Princess Katie finally celebrates her birthday!  (after enduring and crying  through the birthdays of all her siblings and parents in the last 9 months!)

 

IMG_8937

 

What a tremendous blessing to be able to have a party and cake for our little sweetheart!   Just like at Emie’s birthday, I was struck with emotion at the fact that neither have ever had a party, gifts or cake…in fact, at the orphanage, I’m sure that their birthday was like any other day of the year.  In an orphanage, children  keep getting older but nobody cares.   But…not anymore for our little girls! 

 

 

IMG_8952

 

 

 

IMG_8953

 

Katie wanted a kitty cake and that is what she got!  It was a special day and she swelled with pride every time she reminded us that it was “Katie’s Birthday”.  :)

 

 

IMG_8978 

 

 

IMG_8982

 

 

 

IMG_8983

 

 

IMG_8991

 

 

Happy Birthday, Katie!!!

 

(and now for anyone astute enough to notice Katies’ hair is a different length……stay tuned for a blog post on that!)

8 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

I so LOVE seeing all of your girls! I am praying so hard that Addy will have a sister with DS sooner rather than later!! What a blessing for these precious angels!

Julie said...

I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

amyl4 said...

Awww, she is so sweet!!! I'm glad she had a Happy Birthday!!
Amy

cassie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE-BUG!!!! oh goodness, annie and i were talking about how it was katie's birthday on sunday - and kelsey and i were rejoicing that it was FINALLY sweet katie's turn:)! please give BIG BIG BIG hugs to those sweet girls!!

ps - i DID notice katie's hair and was about to comment on it just as i read your final line...can't wait!!

pps - i love emie's glasses!!!! she looks so grown-up!

ppps - annie and i were playing with her little baby doll on sunday...she took the baby's bib off and threw it a few feet away...I (after just having had a conversation with ru-fay and kelsey about who annie banannie says throws things) asked her who threw the bib...she said, in her sweet little voice, "KATIE!" heehee!

we miss you guys so very much - much MUCH love to you!

Laura Lu said...

Awwww...what a lovebug!!! i too noticed the cut. ;) and i love em's glasses. :D

suepsales said...

me too!!! miss you all and the little katie bug looks so happy. emmie is darling w/the glasses. annie was so fun on sunday. we will see you all again, someday :) soon.

Tracie said...

Awww Karen, this makes my eyes get wet. I love it. Every time my kiddos get to have a "first" at ANYTHING, I get emotional.

Emma had her first birthday a few weeks ago and I echo your sentiments.

Traci said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!! What sweet, sweet girls! I'm jealous of all the girlies you have there! I sooo wish Ashy had a sister!