Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Haircutting…..its harder than you think.

 

So, for all those of you waiting in anticipation as to why Katie’s hair is shorter…the truth is…I was the culprit. 

 

 

IMG_8867Katie – pre-haircut

 

My dear little Katie does not enjoy getting her hair combed. (picture lots of crying)  So finally, this mom had enough and decided it was time for shorter hair.  And since I know no one around here that cuts hair and don’t have any one to babysit for my little ones yet…. I decided I would tackle it myself.   (crazy thought)  Now although Katie abhors having her hair combed, she thought she was the queen of the palace getting her haircut!  She was thrilled to have the honor and although she took great pride in the fact that Mom was cutting “Katie’s hair”, her willingness and enthusiasm did not translate into her ability to sit still (at all)!!!   So, I confess the straighter I tried to cut it…the shorter it got…and shorter…and shorter!   It was supposed to be a bob with longer hair in the front….not sure that was accomplished!   But, the great news is , it only takes me about a minute to comb through her hair in the morning – henceforth no more wailing at hair fixing time!   (Although, I will be bringing her to someone who actually knows what they’re doing next time!)  

 

Getting ready for the scissors….

 

IMG_8870

 

 

IMG_8872

 

 

And the finished product!!!  

 

IMG_8879

 

(don’t be deceived by the healthy looking whole wheat ravioli….it took lots of m and m’s to get this haircut finished!)

11 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Ahh such a cute haircut.

Unknown said...

She looks adorable with this haircut. Looks like you did a great job to me!

Anonymous said...

It looks very cute, Karen. :)

amyl4 said...

Katie looks darling! How cute that she wanted it cut!:)Amy

cassie said...

oh karen, you did a lovely job:)!!! that sweet face looks so proud of her new haircut!! way to go!!

Cammie Heflin said...

I think it looks darling Karen! Good job!

Mandy said...

Great job Karen!!
My poor boys had their mom cut their hair and Dan told me not to do it again - this coming from a man that doesn't usually notice! LOL

Anonymous said...

A-dorable! She looks so cute in that cut. You wouldn't believe what I made our older three girls endure for hairstyles. Oh...maybe you saw! They refer to the cut as "the shroom", because the mushroom cut was the style of the day. I just kept them in it way too long! Bad pictures, their bad memories of me and my scissors.

Fortunately for Katie, her mom is much more with it.
Nancy Brinkman

suepsales said...

Karen, such talent you have!!! I never knew??!! Great job w/the haircut. Cassie always decided when her hair would be cut. very self motivating,scissors in hand started very young. lol.

Miss you and miss hanging w/you. Pray that all is well and you are meeting new "peoples" in your new community. hope to see you all sometime soon :)

Cheri said...

Awww...it looks really cute! :)

Anonymous said...

That is darling! Makes her so "grown up" looking. I didn't know Emie had glasses - anyway, I think it is Emie. How goes it for you in the big city. Sure miss your family here.

Just finished our week of Bible school at church. The young mom's did a great job and there were 40 something children attending from 4 yr old through completed 5th grade.
Marge P.