Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our Adoption video...

It is apparent on many fronts that I am behind on things in our life....I am sure that anyone who reads our blog wonders if we ever update it!

I am finally getting around to posting our adoption video. We finished it a year ago but then it was misplaced in our move.

Katie and Emie have been with us for almost 2 years now! I can hardly believe its been that long. Seems like only yesterday that we were meeting our 2 sweethearts! :) (Meeting our girls for the first time!)

In fact, it was 2 years ago exactly on July 19th - Katie's birthday - that we left for Ukraine. It was an exciting and difficult time. Every year at this time we are flooded with intense emotions and memories.

We have known from the beginning that Katie and Emie were meant to be in our family. But, the last 2 years have not been easy. Adopting an older child with special needs that has grown up in an orphanage in Eastern Europe, brings with it a unique set of challenges. I have never blogged much about these - most of the time I've been too tired and overwhelmed to sort it all out. Someday, maybe I'll write a post about it.

But, for now we just keep trying to be obedient to the Lord and raise these 2 little scamps to love Jesus. And we thank Him immensely for the opportunity to serve Him by loving 2 of His orphans!


The video is posted at the side of our blog - you can watch it there. Or if you click on the 'original video' underneath, you will see it bigger. Enjoy and be warned - its pretty long!




(and yes, there will be a birthday post for Katie...just as soon as I pull myself out from under the latest 12 batches of laundry!)

2 comments:

Charissa said...

Beautiful, Karen. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Watched your adoption video... wonderful to see it all in one "show". Brings back memories of each of our trips for our four from Guatemala and all the emotions of excitement and happiness, fear and some terror with the language difference, etc.

You have an amazing family, blessed by God. Your girls have grown and changed so much, having the love and attention of a family. What a journey, and I know it continues at your house!

Nancy Brinkman