Annie has informed us numerous times that she has "new sisters". She is both elated and overwhelmed by this new twist in her life.
Today, she and Emie were playing on the little boys' playset upstairs...going up the ladder and down the slide over and over again. She excitedly turned to me and exclaimed, "chase," with a huge smile on her face. :)
She also gets very quiet and sometimes sad when they cry or have a tantrum. She is afraid to sleep with them in the little girls room. For now though, Emie and Katie have such a hard time settling down to sleep its almost simpler to have them separate. I look forward to when they are altogether though.
And, Annie has also been picking up Russian! Often, if I am calling her sisters to come or telling them to sit down or stay (all in Russian), she confidently and very bossy-like imitates me and tells them the same!
Thank you for all your encouraging comments on the previous posts. I feel better than even a week ago. Yesterday, for the first time in 3 weeks I wanted to take pictures of all the girls together. We have a long ways to go in the adjustment department but I know it will come.
And thank you to all of my wonderful friends who have been making us meals, doing our laundry, taking my older kids places and watching my younger children while I run errands. (Lee and I actually went out for a date Friday night! - thanks to the G's and my sister!) You have all been grace and mercy to me.
Thank you Laura, for helping me buy gates at Wal-Mart and arranging almost all of the above! What would I do without you right now. What an amazing friend you are!
And huge hugs to my sisters who came (from 100's of miles) to help this past week and weekend. I know you wiped more faces, hands and little bums than you have in years! Your presence helped bring back some of my sanity. I love you both so dearly!
Depression is a weird thing - you lose all perspective on life. Nothing looks like it really is but even though you know you're not seeing things accurately it doesn't change until you get better. I have felt some of my perspective returning. Thanks to all of you for praying for me. Thank you Jesus.
23 comments:
Karen these are beautiful pictures. I'm so glad for a ray of hope.
Joy,RR
(((Karen)))
I'm crying happy tears for you now. You are an amazing, strong person - thank you for sharing your life with us....you have touched more than you know.
God bless you,
Mandy
oh karen, i am continuing to pray for all of you each and every day - i'll be there tomorrow night! - and if you and lee need another date sometime on a weekend, drew and i would be more than happy to baby-sit;). love you guys!
What beautiful pictures! I'm glad that things are looking up.
Pure sweetness! That is what those pictures are!! Praise Jesus for you feeling a little better!! We will continue to pray for you and your family. We love you guys!
Tonya
Karen,
So glad you are feeling a little better! We will continue to pray for all of you. Cute girls.:)
praying for you often. It was wonderful to see you yesterday and the sisters here to help. How great! The pics are darling! So glad to hear you are feeling better. Having a clear perspective/mind sure can help, right? Praise God for your family:)
Karen,
The pictures of the girls are PRECIOUS! Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better.
Still praying.................
Joni and family
Holding you up each day!! Love to you all.
Those pictures are to sweet for words!!!
I'm so glad you are feeling better! Praise God for dear family and friends! The pictures of the girls are absolutely beautiful! Praying for continued improvement for all.
You know how I love WallyWorld...it's more about me wanting to get out than getting you out. Let's keep it straight! (just don't tell Matt I said that though) ;) Plus who would listen to me talk about completely random things if I didn't hang out with you!?!? So what would I do without you!?!?!?!?!?
Those pics are pure ADORABLENESS!!!! I LOVE THOSE GIRLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Da, Da, Da--I do!!!
By the way--I like nyet...I'm going to use it more. It is fun to say...way better than no. no is so blah...yup, i'm sticking with nyet.
Karen,
You have been on my heart so much lately, I just haven't taken the time to write it. I woke up several times in the night to pray for you. I do hope you are better. Hang in there, and get help when you need it. You are my hero! You are so amazing! Please keep us updated on your girls and YOU!
Charissa
Oh how we love these pictures. Your family is so beautiful. We watch your blog for updates and hope that you continue to find some time to post. We think of you often!
Such pretty little girls!
I know from personal experience with a reoccurrence, you forget sometimes that it's going to get better....and the depression/anxiety won't last forever. Praise God! His mercies are new every morning. So...we'll keep praying you can just do the "next thing." The birds will be singing again and the sun will be shining. AND...ALWAYS....THROUGH IT ALL AND IN IT ALL AND UNDER IT ALL...are the Everlasting Arms! How great is our Father's love for you. What a testimony this will be of His grace and mercy. Don't worry about what others think. You have a Creator who knows you intimately and HIS thoughts toward you are all that matter. And, guess what? THEY ARE GOOD THOUGHTS (Jer. 29:11). He will not harm you! Thanks for sharing and keep up the trusting. We'll pray for a decrease in those tantrums too!
Love,
Kristin
They look so great together!!!
Karen, I'm touched everytime I read your blog. A few days ago, I came across something in my Bible that you gave me when we were counseling together at Hidden Acres. On the back, you wrote that you found it on a bulletin when going through your Grandma's (Mabel's) stuff, and that it had been special when you were tyring to find the way. Hope it still brings that same hope.
He Maketh No Mistake
My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.
Tho' night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.
There's so much now I cannot see.
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make.
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake.
--A.M.Overton
God bless you and your family.
denise
It sounds like you have a wonderful support system to help you get everyone settled in and adjusted. You will get there even though it may not seem like it now. I am glad things are improving.
Kayla
Your girls are all beautiful! Love the pics! Glad to read that things are starting to settle down.
Karen, this post brought tears to my eyes. It was so beautiful to see the photo of the three sister together, and know that they will always have each other. What a beautiful, beautiful gift you have given them all. Not just a mom and dad who love them, but EACH OTHER. So wonderful!
I just happened upon your blog, your kids are beautiful, You guys are amazing parents. God bless
Post a Comment