I’m sorry - I know this post is belated… for so long I have wanted to sincerely thank all of you who have helped us along this adoption journey! It has been incredibly challenging and we could never have done it without you!
First of all, thank you to our families and friends who took care of Sam, Anne, and David for 6 weeks! That’s a long time! It was such a comfort to us to know that they were always well-cared for and loved. Your willingness to be involved in our lives in this way was such a great blessing to us. You were really a miracle to us!
Thank you to those of you who donated to our adoption – some of you I know personally and some not. Your generosity has been very humbling to us. The Lord has provided for all that we need – thank you for being a part of that! Our family sponsorship fund is closed now that we are home but if you are interested in donating to another family or an orphan with Down Syndrome please go to http://www.reecesrainbow.com/
Thank you to all of you who prayed so diligently for us. I am amazed at how many people we have never met have followed our journey and told us how much they prayed for us. The power of the Father was released because of your faithfulness in prayer!
Thank you to all of you who commented on my posts! I’m sorry I wasn’t able to comment back much but please know they were a great encouragement to us. While in Ukraine, many mornings Lee would come home from the hotel where he could internet, with all of my email and blog comments for me to read! It helped keep us going!
Most of all thank you to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who has led us in the dark and in the light. Without Him we have nothing and with Him we have everything. He is the reason we have done this.
And finally, please feel free to follow along on our blog and watch our family grow! I might not post as often as I should but I will try! (when I’m not buried under laundry, or toys, or books, or perhaps knocked unconscious by a large, heavy, flying hardcover book – a favorite of small, angry, Ukrainian orphans!)
If you can bear to read through the length of the "long and the short of it post" you’ll understand the flying book comment…
6 comments:
YOU ARE WELCOME.
My friend, I understand where you are. I think this is posting on the wrong thread though LOL. When we committed to two kids one with Major needs I said over and over "HOW are we going to do this?? with 2 other little ones as well. You've definitely got a bigger load with your larger family too! I know you already know this, but the comfort that came in my situation was that since God did this and I KNEW I couldn't do it on my own, there was a sense of satisfaction in knowing that God was going to have to do this all FOR ME. I'm not sure that makes sense, but handing that responsibility over was seriously a big thing for me. Not to say I'm not accountable, but to say that God is going to HAVE to come through... there's no other way. Ok, sorry to go on so long. Please write or call me if you ever need to let off some steam!
((((HUGS))))
Karen, thanks for being so honest and open. The Lord will bless you for it as He will keep you, Lee and your family covered with His never ending love. You have stepped out in faith - just as He would have you do. Remember we are here to help in any way we can! Be open about those things too. We continue to pray for your family. Ray & Marge
Karen, we love you all, and will continue to pray for you. I'd love to be able to come help you in some small way! Love to you all.
You have a beautiful family! Those little girls are just too cute! Thanks for sharing your story.
Karen, I so thank you for your honesty. What a blessing to KNOW that you have been obedient and that God is pleased with you. But life is very real and I for one do not at all doubt your competence as a mother--actually you are just showing what a great mother you are. You have definitely been on my heart--thank you for letting me know more precisely what to pray about.
Post a Comment