Monday, November 24, 2008

Annie....


Thank you for praying for my little Annie. She is sick. Its such a bummer to be sick, especially when you are only 4 and you want to be playing with your new sisters.

We have had cold after cold after fever after fever after cold after cold this fall. I can't remember the last time David didn't have boogies coming out of his nose. Poor little guy.

Anyway, Annie had a rough weekend - high fever, congestion and cold. Fortunately I had lots of help from Auntie Rufie and Kelsey because Annie has been one sick little girl. I took her in this morning to the Dr. and found out she has pneumonia. Fortunately, it is mild enough I can keep her home with us. I am praying it will stay that way.

Today has been a long day. I have held her all day and we have definitely (remember I can gate the family room to keep us all together!) watched our share of TV today...several Praise Baby DVD's, every episode of "Frances", Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (I have never actually watched that before), and then to cap off the day a few episodes of House Hunters International.

She is sleeping off/on all the time and still has a high temp. (up to 104 at times) I am trying to push the liquids as much as I can and medicine for the fever periodically. (anyone who knows Annie, knows Annie does not do medicine.) I have tried disguising it in every bloomin' thing I can think of without success. Usually, I just hold her down and squirt it in the side of her mouth. Sometimes, it works.

Anyway, thank you for praying for Annie and the rest of us.

Thank you Jesus for giving us bodies that heal. And thank you for giving us such wonderful friends that pray for us and help us out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, What a nice surprise to get an update from you.So sorry Annie is sick we'll pray that you can get the medicine down regularly and she will heal quickly and the rest of the family will get over their coughs, etc. oe stay well.

We are in Colorado at my sister's and just having a relaxing good time and NICE weather.

Take care and God really does love you all! Marge & Ray

Alexandra Mikaela - Awareness Warrior said...

Aw, poor Annie...poor Mommy, too! Get well soon princess!

Tonya said...

Praying for you sweet girl! And the rest of the family too!

Anonymous said...

Praying for sweet Annie and her whole family!! I hope everyone is healthy soon.

suepsales said...

praying for "one little monkey jumping on the bed". keep holding her, mommy! Precious time together, i'm sure you have a few more calling out for you. I am "sick" at home but no pneumonia, just a bad cold, throat thing. will visit when i am better. love you guys.

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying our precious Annie feels better real soon! We will pray for extra strength and encouragement for you, Karen. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish we lived closer! We love you all dearly.
Klarice