Saturday, November 1, 2008

Leaves & Halloween

Fall has come to the northern plains. This year seems to be a late fall for us - usually by the time the twins have their birthday on the 24th - most of our trees have changed color and leaves are falling. This year - we still had some green ones in late October.


Today was a day for all hands on deck - the girls (and dad) worked on leaves all afternoon.


We did have an afternoon of wet snow last week - letting us know what is next on the schedule. Before that happens - we have to show some good leaf pictures and a few little trick-or-treaters. We have had a few beautiful days to enjoy. . .

There are lots of leaves to rake and throw - making for a fun afternoon.




and now for Halloween

We had 2 in the cat family, 2 in the dog family and one superhero!

Youngest to oldest -
David as a tiger - the amazing binkie loving tiger who can roar!


Emelia Anastasia
As the always lovable and ever bouncy Tigger appearing in her first Halloween! She enjoyed every moment of it!


And to the canine family -

Scooby Doo - or Scooty Boo - as Annie calls him. She is a halloween veteran - this being her 4th Halloween.



And Katherine Victoria - our last little puppy; she also enjoyed her first Halloween.



And the amazing Sam - saving the world from crisis and doom - every single day!



And we are off to the races. . . .




The twins stayed home with a friend and had the duty of handing out candy to all the little ghosts and goblins that came to our door (and eating as much as they could while mom and dad were away).

16 comments:

suepsales said...

oh how cute......! If this doesn't capture the "joy" of each new moment with the girls and the rest of the fam.:) I'm wondering where the halloween candy was when i visited today? You know how i love the sugar :)

Karen said...

Apparently Laura had broken into the house during the night and eaten it all.

My name is Sarah said...

Very cute. I especally love Scooby Do.

Tonya said...

Very fun!! Very cute! Your family is adorable!

Arizona mom to eight said...

I always look for updates when I come to my blog. I am so happy to see yours, such great pictures!

Anonymous said...

FUN:):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW:):):):):):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICE :-)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures. Wish we could have seen and heard them growl,meow,bark and yell! Uncle Eddie handed out candy here. Had well over 300 kids come thru! We love you all so much and miss you!!
Love, Aunt Klarice

KB said...

Very Cute! I love to catch up on what is happening in your family. God Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

What great costumes!
you have lots of Leaves!
can`t wait to see you Guys again!!

orphans4me said...

Karen,
I love the pictures! By the way, I tagged you!! Please visit www.considertheadoptionoption.blogspot.com for details!!
Joy

Life is Good said...

What cute kids and cute costumes!!

LIN said...

Karen, I haven't kept up on blogs, but kept wondering how you all were doing. Didn't know you weren't feeling well, glad now you are doing better. Your family is beautiful and you are one smart woman!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Andrea told me about your blog. I would like to email you to ask some questions about adopting form Ukraine. If this is okay with you, I'll need your email address. Thanks, Sherry sherry.jacobson@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Here is a good blog on Halloween:
http://www.visionforum.com/hottopics/blogs/dwp/2008/10/4556.aspx

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Oops, the website didn't get published. We will try again by putting it in 3 lines (you'll have to paste it together):

http://www.visionforum.com/
hottopics/blogs/dwp/2008/
10/4556.aspx