We are leaving in 10 days! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Panic has not yet ensued, but it's just around the corner!
Our flights are booked...We leave Saturday afternoon, July 19 for Ukraine! Our first in country destination will be Kiev - we have an appointment with adoption officials on July 22. After a few days we'll hopefully take the train to the eastern part of the country to meet our children and visit their orphanage.
This is going to be an amazing adventure. I have no doubt we will meet Jesus in Ukraine in ways we never expected. Very early on in this journey I was reading over a book with some of the names for God. This one jumped out at me and I knew the Almighty was telling me something and I had better listen. "Yahweh Shammah" means "THE LORD IS THERE". As the months have progressed and numerous obstacles have come in the way of seeking our 2 little children, He has reminded me again and again, that He is my, "Yahweh Shammah" in Ukraine. I know He is there. He has been making the way for us. He is waiting for us. We are coming God!!!
When I feel afraid and I wonder if I'll get my little boy, I think, "My Yahweh Shammah is there in that orphanage. My Yahweh Shammah loves my little boy more than I do. " Regardless of the outcome, He will never abandon him. Here we come Yahweh Shammah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is a great way to look at things. Thanks for reminding me that HE is there!
He sure is there!!!!!!! i will be praying for you on your journey - and our God is the God of that country, of that orphanage, and of those two little darlings - He has them in His grip and is holding on to them for you!!
That is exciting that you are so close to leaving. I am praying hard that Samson comes home with you too! I think we would all be crushed if that cute little boy has to be left behind. Good luck.
Kayla
That is so true! God is there, and He is ready to help you thru the toughest parts of your trip. I'll be praying!
Your faith is such a blessing to me!
My prayers are with you and the family during this pre-trip time and in the Ukraine. Your faith is a testimony to us all, remembering that God is there, always. As the song says, He picks us up, fills our cups and wipes our tears and tells us it's ok. His love is unconditional. Amen.
BTW, Happy Birthday!!!!! I know you are celebrating hard :) Love, Sue
Yes, it feels so good to only be 29.:)
Post a Comment