Thursday, 8.08
It was raining today so we stayed inside with the girls. It was actually kind of nice to be with them in a confined space.
When we first arrived at their building, we heard a little girl crying and recognized Nastya. She was with a caregiver in a room full of therapy equipment, balls, and mats and stuff. I think she must have been having some kind of physical therapy. Whatever it was she did not like it and was very upset. I took her and held her. We thought we could take her and play then. But instead the caregiver motioned to me to bring her back to her room. She started crying again. The workers just babbled on and on in Russian like I should know what was going on. In the end, I guess it was time for her to have a potty break and get new clothes and get her hair fixed. It took at least 15 minutes to go through all that. Finally, they let me take her. She was thrilled to be released and quickly went upstairs with Lee and the boys to play.
Daniel and Nastya had a fun game of peekaboo through the curtain until Nastya decided it might be fun to bite his cheek! Ouch!
After I got Nastya settled, I went to look for Vika. She was happy to see me and I immediately picked her up and expected I could leave. But then, her caregivers started rattling off all kinds of Russian instructions to me as well. I had no clue what they were saying but it was obvious I could not take her. Then they told her something and took her from me. She started sobbing. Well, in the end, after they took her clothes off and started running water I figured out it was bath day! She was not happy but finally settled down while they washed her. The bathing room is a tiny little cubicle with a shower like stall and a huge bucket sitting on the floor. Basically, the children sit in the bucket while the workers scrub them clean. So, when she was bathing I went into the other room to be with her groupa. I know them all well by now. I looked up bath in my phrase book and we talked about taking a bath. It was obvious some were happy about bath time and some cried when it was their turn. As I have mentioned before Samson is in that group so whenever I am with them I take advantage of that and love him up too. Finally though, Vika was done and clean and after putting the sweetest little scarf on her head, they let her go. We went upstairs to join the rest and play!
Drinking and talking on the phone at the same time - great multi-tasking!
After the cheek biting incident and a few tears were shed by both Nastya and Daniel, Vika scooted over to Daniel and briefly put her arm around him. It was sooo sweet. She is usually not affectionate towards the boys much at all yet. I think Daniel thought a cheek bite might be worth it to get a love from Vika!
14 comments:
Wow...from what we've talked about...I think the cheek bite was worth it too. Praise the Lord! See Karen, each day some new progress is being made. God is so good!!!! The scarf and bow are so great! :)
I'll keep you filled on on the weekend's activities...because I know two other ladies that will be too busy to. :)
MAY I TAKE A MOMENT TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT...OK GREAT THANKS!!!!
DEAR BLOG READERS, KAREN AND LEE HAVE BEEN GONE FOR NEARLY 3 WEEKS NOW. THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GETTING COMMENTS. IT BRINGS THEM MORE ENCOURAGEMENT THAN THEY CAN EXPRESS. SO PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT.
AND IF YOU ARE FROM OUR CHURCH AND NOT LEAVING COMMENTS...I WILL REPORT BACK TO THEM AND THE CHAIRMAN MAY JUST MAKE YOU SIT IN THE FRONT ROW FOR EVERY SERVICE.
You look like you are having a good time with the girls!!! I'm so glad that court is coming soon. I know that is an answered prayer!!!!
I was thinking about the dilemna you feel about the visits and the girls taking to one or the other. I am dealing with this in regards to Gabby loving daycare and not wanting to go home at the end of the day. You could view your current situation as a divine appointment and that the things that you feel for Vika and Nastya were put there by the Holy Spirit to prepare the girls for their lives in the U.S. In other words, the affections of the girls for Lee and for you, and your response to each of them is going ahead to make the transition to "home" as easy as it can be. Let God direct this time the way He sees fit.
Hi Karen,
Just wanted to say that I love your posts and all of the pictures. You really have great boys, I am so happy that you took them with you on your journey to get the girls. Who knows, maybe someday one of them (or both) will be on the other side of the world adopting a son or daughter of their own.
Amy
Those are such sweet pictures! Poor Daniel! But if it was worth it... I bet the girls will love taking a bath at your house! They'll enjoy a bathtub much better than a bucket! :]
Vika looks very cute in her scarf! :)
Glad the girls are getting to know you well :)
I think what you are doing for these girls is amazing and will be praying for you.
What an amazing story! It is so neat to follow you day by day even though you are so far away! The girls are beautiful and so lucky that God chose your family as their forever family!!
I am praying for you as the court date draws near! The pictures and videos are such a treat!
God's blessings to your family of soon to be 9!!
Love,
Joni (Anderson) King
Your girls are so cute and smart! I love the pictures and videos, you have such a nice family. Looks like the girls are doing great.
Well, you will already know what they are used to as far as baths- alot of people have wondered when they get home and are afraid to the water. I am so glad you are getting to see and know Samson too-hopefully that will help him find a family when he is eligible.
Kayla
Ah, no update today, I was hoping for more pictures adn to read more about your adventures!
Hello Shervheims!
Joshua and Jonathan want to know if Daniel and Andrew said Happy Birthday to Joshua in court?
We are finally in our new house, the blue one story near Gladens. We spent the first night here last Sunday and have found most of our stuff.
The boys are getting excited for school. Joshua and Jonathan start tennis on Monday. I start the 19th with a "new teacher" meeting. Then we have three days of inservice.
We have internet now, but haven't gotten the computer hooked up and working yet, so we need to wait for the laptop to be home, but can check on you now and know what to pray for.
If there is anything we can do on this end, just let us know.
We love and miss you.
Sorry to hear about your check Daniel. We love looking everyday at the new pictures and what's going on! I know you can't wait to get them together at home where you can start the next chapter in this. Praying for you today!
{{hugs}} Tonya
I am so loving following your trip. When you mentioned Samson again it made me think of the little girl I was going to adopt that I was told 3 weeks ago it won't happen because she is Russian living in Estonia and it makes me so sad. I had thought today when I read your blog, and wondered if I would be so lucky to be able to meet my sweet Diana, yet never will be able to tell her she was to be my daughter while I will be visiting the daughter that the Lord has picked out for me. I hope I am brave as you if this happens.
Charlotte
Post a Comment