Today we took the girls to the US consulate in Kiev to obtain visas. Sometimes that takes a day but for us they came almost right away. So, now we have completed everything! Wow! I can hardly believe it!
Tomorrow (Friday will be a free day - Im not sure what we'll do) Saturday we leave the apartment at 8:45am for the airport. At 11:45am we leave the great country of Ukraine and go to our home!!! (that's 3:45am midwest time, Saturday morning) Assuming we make all of our connections (Amsterdam, Minneapolis) we should be arriving at our airport at 7:44pm Saturday evening.
Be forewarned...Vika looks like she's been through WW II with her hives, scratches, bugbites, and swollen eyelids! Actually, after 18+ hours of air travel we will probably all look like that. And since she will be waaaay out of her comfort zone if you meet us at the airport you might even see her little fist shaking, spitting, and bdbdbdbdbd remarks....We have learned though, so much of that is an act and a game she played with the orphanage workers. So, don't be too weirded out. Papa and Nana, please forewarn Sam though, that the girls might be crabby and tired.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE HOME!!!!
Post Script:
(update on Vika - I gave her benadryl at night - it helped tremendously. But, this morning I could see it wearing off as the hives and swollen eyelids intensified again. So I gave her claritan - (which is what the Dr. here recommended - but it just doesn't work as good as benadryl) Its a good thing she loves noodles and soup and bananas because thats about all Im giving her.
And another Post Script:
This is a prayer request for me personally. I am soon to be a mother of 7. Thank you for praying for me. I am soooo excited to be home with my Sam and Annie and David. I miss them so much. So, now we have finally gotten to the end of this adoption and now I am thinking more and more about what is next - specifically, the reallities of parenting 7 children - 3 of whom are special needs. I know the Lord has called us to this path. But, please don't think I am doing this because I am a good mother or that I have my act together. (its anything but that) We have done what we have done because the Lord planted this deep in our hearts. And we are being obedient to what He has called us too. I would be a "liar, liar, pants on fire"(as my boys say) if I told you I wasn't overwhelmed at times. I know if the Lord calls us to something He will provide so please pray that I will have confident faith in that. Thank you all for your encouragement along the way. You have been amazing to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Karen- I'm so glad you're on your way home!! I can empathize so much with that overwhelming feeling of "what have I gotten myself in to" and the peace that I needed came in the assurance that there was NO WAY I would have done what we did if it wasn't by God's divine hand, therefore if it's all His fault He'll take care of it! LOL Seriously, though, I hope you find it's easier than you expect, because that's just what we found. God melded us together and I'm so glad that He did. I know He has great things in store for you as well! Safe travels, can't wait to see the whole family together!
Claritin makes a version for hives, no idea if it is for children.
God is Good! I am so Happy for your whole family! Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey with us!
Amy
YAY!!!!!! So glad that you are so close to coming home!
praise the LORD!!!! we can't WAIT to see you!!
Oh how I think of all of you daily. What a tremendous relief that you will be soon heading back to your home.
Know that you are showing some of us the way things might happen for our families if God places this same opportunity in us. Might this bring you comfort: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?...So do not worry...your heavenly Father knows you need them...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:25-34
I have been following your blog and love the way God has brought these two little girls into your lives, and the way they have already come to love you...I know you loved them before you even met them! I will be praying for you as you begin this new journey in your life. There is no doubt that you will have moments of being overwhelmed (what mother doesn't?!), but thankfully, you rest in God's will and you can remind yourself that when you are weak is when He is strongest in your life.
I'm so glad to hear that everything is coming together and you will be on your way back home soon! I will keep praying that the rest of the traveling goes great! Karen-being a mother of only two I have caught a small glimpse that each child is a leap of faith. I also have noticed how blessed your family is with a wonderful support system! I know that many will be ready to lend a helping hand. God bless your family!!!
Thank you so much for letting us into your lives. God has worked so many miracles in this journey. We will be here to support you & love you all. Praise God!
Yay! What wonderful news. It will be excellent to meet your new girls! We'll be praying for your journey to go smoothly.
Love,
Lorina and Franklin
YES!!!! I'm so excited that you're almost home!!
Yes...praying for you in the overwhelmingness of these days. It will get better!!!!!
Post a Comment