Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We have a court date!

Monday, August 11th, is our court date!

You have no idea what a miracle this is!

As we mentioned in previous posts, pinning down a court date was becoming more and more difficult.

As of early this morning, things looked very bleak...our facilitator was looking at a situation where we might not get a court date until late August or early September!   We were all feeling very discouraged.

But, our amazing Lord used our amazing facilitator to show His sovereignty over some very difficult officials and the entire situation!

Later in the  morning at the courthouse, a series of events "fell" into place.  Our facilitator was able to work out the situation for us to have our court date this Monday!  We will still have our 10 day wait after that before we can pick up the girls.  And of course, after that there will be time needed to get the girls new birth certificates, passports, visas, health exams etc...  So, if anyone happens to be doing the math and looking at a calendar...all that might put us home a few days later than our previously set return date of Aug. 23. Now, if you happen to be reading this and you are one of the dear souls watching our children in the states, please don't panic...  We are coming home!  But we might have to make arrangements for a bit of a later date.  Next week, after court, we will hopefully have a better feel for the timing of our last couple weeks and then be able to set our new tentative return date.  Thank you so much for praying  on this for us.  It really is a miracle how it has worked out!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! He is worthy of our praise! It was so nice to be back home from our trip and get all caught up on your trip!!I love all the pictures of the two girls! They are such cutie pies!! I am so excited that the boys got to go with you! What a testimony that God is giving them. Your faithfulness is going to make HUGE impact on your kiddos. We are praying for you daily! Staying tuned to see how else our Lord works things out for you! Love you!
Tonya

amyl4 said...

Thank GOD for an August court date! Let's pray for a waived 10 day wait! It can't hurt!:)
Amy

Carson's Mom said...

It is always amazing to me to watch how God can work things out. I am so glad you have a date.

Kayla

Sarah said...

That is so awesome that you have a court date. God is SO amazing!

Cammie Heflin said...

Yeah Karen! I'm so excited for you!

Laura Lu said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura just emailed me and yelled at me for not commenting on the blog. Sorry--but as I said I have been busy entertaining. Home now for a few days and then back to the cabin.
Praise the Lord on a court date and so soon!!!!!!!!!! His timing is perfect and He is working out all His purposes.
I will pass this praise onto Connie C. She may not have a clue where you are but you can know that she is praying. Me too.
Been busy helping Sue today with flowers. Tomorrow sounds busy but even more to do on Friday and Sat.
wish you could be here for the festivities.
Nancy and kids left today. Didn't talk with her before she left. Just not enough days in the states this summer for them.
My honey wants to say hi and that he is praying for you. He sends along this verse for you. 2 Cor 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you."
Did you read Streams today? Love it. So right on.
Keep your eyes fixed. His plans certainly is unfolding---right before your eyes.
Love you-------The Rock's wife

Anonymous said...

Praise Praise Jesus!!!!! We'll keep praying for continued speedy results. K and I are at the farm. Looking forward to being with family for the T-Bee. We'll figure out the kid stuff, don't worry.
Love you all.
Klarice

Arizona mom to eight said...

Ah, such great news, I am so happy to hear you have a date. MAybe they will let you work on some things during the 10 day wait, praying they do. We could not, but some regions have managed it.

Laura Lu said...

Karen--you know me...I wouldn't have yelled at her. I don't know what she is talking about. I did tell her that she was in BIG trouble though. Sheesh...what should we do with the farmer's wife??!?! She tries to say she is all busy and out in the boondocks...but we know she just can't give up her daytime soaps and her night time reality shows. Oh wait, that's Sue...boy I bet she is having to DVR a whole lot of shows with all of this kafufle going on.

I'm joining Amy in praying for a waived 10 day wait...I agree it can't hurt! God is pretty amazing when we least expect it!!!!!!

Shelley said...

Congratulations!!!

Dagmar said...

Hurray!! Praise the Lord!!! That is so exciting! Keep us updated!