Monday, August 4, 2008

The Adoption process...

So, this is where we are at right now... apparently the judge who was assigned our case was also assigned a very significant criminal case just this morning.  So, the schedule at the courthouse is very tight right now. And also, because of the presence of a new head judge and several new underling judges (my word for them) we are told the courthouse is basically in a big flutter right now...aka  a mess.  So far we are having some difficulty pinning down a court date. Thank you for praying on this for us.   I know it will happen just when the Lord wants it to happen.  We just need to be patient, don't we? In case you hadn't noticed though, Lord, we are ready to get this thing moving! :)

9 comments:

Lou said...

Prayers for your family for a speedy process. I just read through some of your blog tonight. The girls are gorgeous!!!

orphans4me said...

Karen,
I got caught up on your blog. Thanks for all the pictures and for letting us all know how things are going. Thanks, too, for being honest about your feelings. I'm glad you are noticing the 'little'improvements-which as you know are actually big improvements. The girls are so cute.

cassie said...

praying. praying. praying!

Laura Lu said...

Ok...adding this one to the list!!!! You know we gotch yo back in prayer, Sista!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a daily reader and need to let you know that I have been praying for you and your family. Your girls are precious! Thank you for the daily insights you share - pictures and all. I am enjoying them all very much - keeping track of George too! Too cute!
GrannyDi (Laura's MIL)

Carson's Mom said...

I am praying that you will have a court date soon. It would be great if they were so busy they decided to let you go on home and waived the 10 day wait. Hang in there.

Kayla

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted! Your blog is GREAT and it helps us keep our prayers focused.
Praying for you guys.
Lorina and Franklin

Anonymous said...

Hi--just got back from the cabin. I am caught up on the blog (shock)-- had a hard time seeing thru my tears again. Oh-I do ache for those you can't bring home that have gripped your hearts and mine as I read about them. Bring pics--lots of them.
Once again, do wish I was there to experience it all with you.
Love the apt. and especially that bed. Too bad you can't bring that back with you too.
Miss you and know I am praying.
Did Bev send those verses? I will send them in an email
Love you--the Rock's wife

Julie said...

Karen,
Praying for you in the process. I don't know if you have internet in your apartment, but wanted to tell you that if you visit fln.org you can listen to good Christian radio live. I love it, and didn't think to tune in until we were almost finished with our trip to Serbia in June. If you are using an internet cafe it won't help you, but I know for me just hearing English, as well as Worship songs and speakers... gave me much comfort those last days.

Enjoy getting to know your girls...they are beautiful.

~Julie O. (RR group)