Friday, August 1, 2008

George explores Kharkov with the twins!

IMG_1095

George on a really big soccer statue...

IMG_1754

IMG_1755

George doing what he does best...climbing all over some awesome play equipment with the twins!  Sam, you would love this place!

IMG_1757

IMG_1760

George, investigating the world's largest sand sculptures!

IMG_1773

IMG_1767

Be careful George, of all the soldiers!

IMG_1768

(In the summer this main square in the center of Kharkov is covered with the most amazing sand sculptures. We are told, in the winter, they are replaced by huge ice sculptures.)

 

George sneaking into the orphanage!...  IMG_1539

IMG_1540

IMG_1536

Where are Nastya and Vika? He wants to swing with them!

Sam and Annie, stay tuned for more adventures of that mischievous little monkey!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I am really enjoying reading about your Ukrainian adventures! Thanks for sharing and know that i am praying you home safely.

Kevin and Tammy said...

There is another couple in Kharkov adopting a little boy. I am not sure what orphanage he is in but maybe the same one that the girls are in. Their names are Staci and Damon. Here is their blog site. http://stacianddamon.blogspot.com/
maybe you can meet up with them. We are enjoying your blog.
Tammy

Dagmar said...

Looks like George is having a lot of fun! And hopefully staying out of trouble! I love the Sand Sculptures (and I bet the ice ones are sweet too!) Love you and miss you!

lovenlife said...

Annie loves seeing pictures of her brothers. She's always asking to see them. By the way, Annie has decided that kitties are "too scary," well Scooter was anyway. My mom was wondering if your cat was female, because he is either pregnant or getting fat. I thought Scooter was an "it" (no offence.) Love the George pictures.

orphans4me said...

Enjoying your blog as usual, Karen (and husband)
Joy

Laura Lu said...

Those are incredible sand sculptures! Wow, Sammy, your George is one adventurous little monkey!

Lee and Karen--have you found Ukrainian Diet Coke? I'm about to crack one open...you know the Sunday after lunch ritual. Thinking of you and wondering if you have an lime in your fridge. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lord, bring an opening to the judge's schedule and, for "some" reason, he has to take care of this adoption case immediately!
Love to all