Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Hullo, hullo"...

Saturday, 8.09

Vika absolutely amazed us today.  She now wants me to hold her and carry her often! I sat on a bench with her facing me for a long time. We played with the little telephone.  she kept telling me, "Hullo, hullo, paka, paka,(bye bye)" .  I also pulled out my trusty Russian phrase book and tried saying the numbers with her. Then, I found the phrase in Russian that says, "You are a beautiful girl".  I said it to her over and over again. Pretty soon she layed her head against my chest and just relaxed.  I held her like that for a long time.  It felt so nice.  Then Lee came over and she wanted to do the same with him! Amazing! 

IMG_2625

IMG_2560

IMG_2564

IMG_2577

Twins singing "This little light of mine" with Vika...

IMG_2575

IMG_2590

IMG_2605

Nastya was her usual self- energetic and hardly ever stopping!... 

IMG_2578

11 comments:

The Flying Eagle said...

Wonderful news with the bonding! Your gypsy story is hilarious!!!

liesel said...

Oh, that HUG! Priceless! I am so glad the girls are already making progress. Just imagine how they'll blossom when they're home. I am just loving your updates, Karen!

amyl4 said...

I'm so happy to see that the girls are getting closer and bonding with all of you. I will be praying for you tomorrow as you go into court and finally become the parents of your little darlings!!
Amy

LIN said...

All your kids are so sweet! Loved the gypsy and elbow story!

Laura Lu said...

Oh goodness...God is so Good! Karen...it's happening...they are blossoming each new day. Praise Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Now these pictures make me cry,as I am remembering sitting in the orphanage playground getting to know our own sons too. Those way too short visits where you try to learn everything you can about each other, and show your children as much love as is humanly possible. You will never ever forget this time in your life, and it will always be one of your best memories of God's perfect knowledge of how it should be for each of us. Blessings, Susan (Kristin & Laura's friend in GF)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a trip you are having! We just returned from 8 days in Texas with Sarah's family so I'm now catching up with all your news and pics since I left. I'm so excited for you...God is working in amazing ways and we'll continue to lift you up so you can be home sooner than you think, but God's timing is always best. You are very patient people. The girls are beautiful and by the time you leave the transition should be easier than I thought it might be cuz you will know them and they'll know you so much better. Thanks for the map, Lee, and all your desciptions and the pics/videos are so good...almost feel as though we are there with you...our hearts surely are with you. Can't wait for you to come home. Connie H.

orphans4me said...

Great posts, Karen and Lee. So sweet about laying her head on your chest.
Joy,adopting Roman

Anonymous said...

Praying for you court date! Praying with the others that your 10 day wait will be waved!! Anything is possible through Him!!

suepsales said...

The stories make me smile and "almost" cry. such a hardcore that i am :) We missed you yesterday but are so encouraged and excited to see you ALL again. I feel as if i know the girls already. You guys have a way with communicating all that is going on and what you are feeling. cool! Prayers for you at court time. 1:00 AM our time. i'll be there.

Julie said...

Love the pictures of the hug!!! So Beautiful!