Please pray!
First off thank you for praying for praying for the social security codes – they finally came today! As it turns out they were not submitted last week when we we were told they were, hence the delay. And yesterday our facilitator was able to locate the info we needed for Nastya’s passport.
But now we have encountered a huge obstacle in our adoption process. We found out today that the passport application system for the entire country has been shut down. (it is centralized in Kiev) No one seems to know for sure for how long – could be 2 to 3 weeks or more. Ukraine has been attempting to reform their passport system for a couple years now and apparently the minister in charge suddenly decided they needed to work on it right now! Ugh!!!. Without passports we can’t take the girls home.
If we can find no way around this, then some or all of us will have to go home to the states and come back in a month or so to get the girls. I can’t even begin to tell you how disappointing this is to me. This journey has been so hard and it just seems like it gets harder and harder.
We do have a slim chance at a different outcome if the Lord would choose to perform a miracle on our behalf. There are old passport (pre-reform passport) applications still floating around in some regions. Tomorrow we will go to our designated passport office to submit all of our papers (please pray they will still allow us to do this still, in spite of the shut down in Kiev) and if possible we will ask if we may speak with the top manager there. Please pray he will grant us an appointment and if he happens to have any of the old passport applications that he will allow us to use those forms. If he does, then we can still get passports during our present visit and return home with the girls in the next 7-10 days.
We know the Lord is still in control of all of this. Nothing on earth can change that. Even a perceived delay to us can be exactly what He needs to accomplish His tasks. We will thank Him and follow Him in however He leads. Please pray for patience, endurance and grace for us. We are soooo close to the finish line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
I am so sorry you have hit a road block with the passports. I know you are so ready to be home. I am praying for a miracle that you will get he form you need and it will be accepted.
Kayla
Miracles happen! My prayers are for you to have all paperwork submitted, processed and approved in the original time line. I know the Lord is in control. You have been so patient and obedient. We love you!
Definitely praying! God knows what He's doing, hang in there!
We are ALL here praying for you and thinking of you! ---Andrea Roberts, Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
praying. praying. praying.
our God is so big - and He sure does work miracles still - and we are praying that His mighty hand will be on this situation - so much love!
We're praying!
Oh Karen,
I am so sorry this is happening NOW. But before you know it, you will have those little girls home. I know Caleb's adoption was full of ups and downs and I said I would never do it again But hey, look at me now and you know it hasn't been easy this time either. But it is worth every headache to bring our precious children home. I will be praying for you!!
Amy
Praying for your strength, praying for the paperwork to be there and it to go through quickly! {{HUGS}}
Praying for your strength, praying for the paperwork to be there and it to go through quickly! {{HUGS}}
We continue to pray - our God is a God of Miracles and we never know what his leading will bring. Keep up your good spirits - I'm sure it has not been easy through so much of this, but He has your best interests in mind at all times. I can't imagine the emotions that must have gone with your visits with birth parents & grandparents!
We look forward to your return with the girls.
Ray & Marge
We are feeling your frustration and grief and praying for you all! God Bless!
Oh dear!! I am praying very hard.
It will all work out, but I know how frustrated and worried you must be right now.
Karen,
I know God can and does perform miracles. He did many for me there in Ukraine. Thank God for the social security codes and info needed about mother. But I am praying for your current situation. I know all the uncertainty combined with missing your children and being so far from home all adds up to make things so difficult and emotional. I know God is there in Ukraine just as you emailed me before we left. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will finish what he starts in his perfect timing. I am SOOO praying for you.
Joy, adopting Roman
we're praying for you!
mabel & clifford...
just wanted you to know that you and the boys are SO missed here - i was over at nanny v's house last night and drove by your place as i was leaving, and then started thinking (as i looked at your mowed grass, a mystery to the mind for those who know you are out of the country;)!), i wish they were home!
so, in the end, i just used the 'missing one of my favorite families' time to pray for said favorite family:). you guys are in my prayers daily and often throughout the day, and you are so loved! praying for God's big hand to get you home with your two newest additions!!
love, cassie V (& drew!)
Karen praying really hard for you guys right now. I hope that the next post will be that ALL are on their home. Hugs!! Mary E.
Karen and all, I am praying for you that the old forms will be available and that they are willing to process them right away! I'm sure it seems like it's taking forever. I so wish I was still living a block and a half away from that yellow house on the corner right now. We are thankful to have known you all!!
You've been on my mind a lot the past few days. All I can think is that God must have more people for you to touch while you're there! Praying for a quick process, but also that God will allow His work to be done with you while you wait!
been praying...and will keep on.
love you and miss you!
Post a Comment